CERTIFICATION VIA EXPERIENCE
Certification via Experience (CVE) is an alternate route to becoming a Certified Human Resource Practitioner through the assessment of relevant HR Work Experience.
- It recognizes and credits relevant HR experience
- It provides a route for Full members who do not have the time to go through tuition via the normal Professional Certification Programme (PCP) and subsequently write the Certification Exam because of pressing work responsibilities.
- A Full Member-in-good-standing for two consecutive years (including the current year)
- A first degree or its equivalent in any discipline
- 4 years work experience in HR at the Executive Management Level.
- Should have provided evidence of having participated in at least six formal Continuing Professional Education (CPE) workshops /training within the last three years (two of which should have been IHRMP CPEs).
- Should have evidence of a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in at least 3 of the following subject areas in HR:
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Employee Resourcing
- Rewards and Compensation Management
- Business Communication
- Industrial Relations
- Talent Management
- Learning and Development
- Organizational Development
*(In the case of a specialist, he/she must demonstrate at least 7 years continuous experience in that single area)
- Detailed review of record of professional experience
- An interview with IHRMP assessor(s)
- Detailed reference from 3 nominated referees
Duration: After submission of application and relevant documentation, assessment would be done within six (6) months. Subsequently, communication will be sent to applicants notifying them of the outcome of their applications.
The decisions made are final. Unsuccessful applicants may reapply at the next round of applications.
- Download application form from Website
- Fill Form with relevant details
- Include two passport-sized photographs (white background)
- Include certified true copies of certificates
- Attach resume or curriculum vitae detailing work experience for the Past Five Years
CV should cover:
- Names of previous organizations
- Job positions
- Dates of employment
- Key responsibilities and achievements for current and previous positions held with emphasis on the past Five years.
- Submit application form and all relevant documents plus a non-refundable processing fee of GHS 350.00 payable by Bank draft (in the name of Institute of Human Resource Management Practitioners, Ghana)
Filling the Application Form
Please read form carefully before filling.
- Fill personal details and affix passport picture
- Type out how you have developed or implemented HR strategy in with business goals touching on at least three HR areas. Note that you are required to provide evidence backed by HR Analytics.
In the case of a specialist S/he must demonstrate at least 7 years continuous experience in that single area.
- Referee form: Nominate three Referees who can attest to your work experience or performance on the job.
- Applicant reports directly to the CEO
- Responsible for developing HR Strategy for the organization
- Heads the HR department
- Final Authority in HR Issues in the organization.
- Strategic Human Resource Management: meeting long-term organizational goals through the use of HR Strategy in managing human resources.
- Employee Resourcing: Meeting an organization’s staffing requirements with interrelated HR activities
- Rewards and Compensation Management: All interrelated HR activities connected to rewards and payment in relation to employees’ value and performance.
- Business Communication: Internal Business and Human Resource communications including guidelines, policies, notices and procedures that help manage workforce.
- Industrial Relations: Managing relations between employees, unions and organization Management
- Talent Management: using integrated organizational HR Processes to meet strategic and operational goals and objectives via attraction, development, motivation and retention of engaged employees.
- Learning and Development: Using HR Tools and Learning Activities to cause employees to acquire new skills and competencies to improve on current performance capacity
- Organizational Development: Designing, implementing, diagnosing, and maintaining organization Systems.
An interview may be requested at the discretion of the IHRMP assessors.